Thursday, May 21, 2009

A Fresh Mess


I've always had an intrinsic desire to be a writer of some sorts--able to artistically craft words to vividly describe life's gifts--and sometimes lack thereof.  The more this desire has surfaced, the more I've reflected on why exactly I've always held such an interest in being able to document life and the implications its experiences behold.  For some, art is the most profound form of reflection and for others, there is music.  For some, the simplistic intricacies of silence brings to the forefront one's most internalized emotions.  For myself--it is the tumultuous conglomeration of all humanities--eloquent prose, music genius, and brilliant art--coupled with the knowledge (and perhaps even fear) of a living, sovereign God that bring harmony and purpose to an otherwise worldly, meaningless existence.  Making clear the framework around which one bases their thoughts, perceptions, reactions, feelings, and universal understanding is imperative in order to find insight, joy, perspective, and perhaps even a little irony in the most unpredictable, unexpected, and alluring experience, namely life, that united we all share. Hence, I give you my insights--insights that find their inspiration rooted in not only the beauty of art, music, and prose; but relationships, community, and experiences that enrich my perspective and enhance my quality of life each day. This is my life--a beautiful, ambiguous, and adventurous life.

1 comment:

  1. Liz, I enjoy reading your thoughts and insights...what a neat way to stay connected to you! Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete