Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Decisions, Decisions...

Today I'm trying to narrow down my search for a wedding photographer. After typing that sentence, I realize we have yet to even set an EXACT date. We are thinking May 2011 if that makes the uncertainty a little clearer. We haven't set a venue, but we are well on our way to making a decision soon. There are so many gorgeous choices here in Nashville so the search has actually been fun--given we've been able to explore a lot of really beautiful potential spots.



The more I start thinking details and the more I hear about "how important" this day is--I gain an even greater understanding of just how much MORE important, even more than the beautiful flowers, couture decor, and gorgeous gowns, the commitment J and I are making to each other truly is.

(brief second of thought and heavy sigh later)

Wow. That's big. What James and I are embarking on is a journey--a journey I'm expecting to be full of ups, downs, and a lot of love. David Platt describes what the context of any marriage should be in his sermon on "The Gospel and Womanhood." I listened to this last Sunday and gained some powerful insight into how I should be serving as a woman in my future marriage.

I'd also be curious to hear David's thoughts on embracing the Gospel even during times of desperation, loss, and unfulfillment. We all know as individuals we are doomed to these feelings at times.

My apologies for the brief interjection of cynicism--coupled with a side dose of reality.

Nevertheless, Dr. Platt provides a great framework for being a Godly woman in a God-centered commitment. Good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment